The Parent Association for Community Engagement (PACE) at St. Patrick-St. Vincent Catholic High School (SPSV) is an organization dedicated to fostering a strong sense of community and actively engaging parents in the betterment of our school. The following guidelines outline the expectations and responsibilities of PACE members.
Purpose: The primary purpose of PACE is to facilitate and promote a positive school environment that supports each student’s academic, social, and emotional development. PACE serves as a platform for parents to collaborate, organize events, and actively contribute to the overall success of our school community. PACE is not a separate organization but functions solely at the discretion of the Head of School of SPSV.
Management: The PACE program operates within the school's framework and works closely with the Assistant Principal of Community Development (APCD) to make decisions. The APCD oversees the program and provides guidance and support to ensure that PACE activities run smoothly.
PACE membership is open to all past or present parents and guardians of students at SPSV. Active participation and attendance in PACE meetings and events are expected from all members. Members are encouraged to provide their unique perspectives, ideas, and skills to support the goals of PACE.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
Organizing and overseeing events:PACE members are responsible for planning, organizing, and managing various events throughout the school year. Specifically, PACE members will take the lead in coordinating the following events:
- Alumni Picnic: Scheduled for July 29, 2023, PACE will work together to plan and execute a memorable event for our alum community.
- Poker Nights:PACE will organize two poker nights during the year, providing participants with an enjoyable and engaging experience.
- Sept. 23, 2023
- March 23, 2024
- Bingo: PACE will organize a Bingo night during the year, providing participants with an enjoyable and engaging experience
- Oct 28, 2023
- Crab Feed: PACE will oversee the organization and management of the annual Crab Feed, scheduled for February 3, 2024. PACE members will collaborate, assign tasks, and ensure the smooth execution of these events.
- Green and Gold Gala: PACE will help the SPSV Development Department with the planning and execution.
- April 13, 2024
- Teacher / Staff Appreciation Week:
- April 29th - May 3rd
- Golf Tournament:PACE will lead in planning, implementing, and executing the tournament.
- June 8, 2024
Service to the School: Provide volunteers for school needs and provides revenue through fundraising efforts.
Attendance at PACE meetings: Members are expected to attend regular PACE meetings, which will be scheduled throughout the school year. These meetings will be a platform to discuss important matters, share updates, and make decisions regarding PACE activities.
Collaboration and teamwork: PACE members are encouraged to collaborate, share ideas, and work as a team to achieve the goals and objectives of the association. Respectful communication and active participation are vital in creating a supportive and productive environment.
Volunteerism and support: PACE members are asked to actively volunteer their time, skills, and resources to support PACE initiatives and events, which includes helping with event planning, setup, fundraising efforts, and other tasks as needed.
Communication: PACE will establish effective communication channels to inform members about upcoming events, meetings, and important updates, including email communication, newsletters, social media groups, or dedicated PACE platforms.
Members are expected to respond promptly to communications, actively engage in discussions, and contribute constructively to the PACE community.
By adhering to the expectations and responsibilities outlined in this guideline, PACE members will contribute to the success of our school community and create a positive and engaging environment for our students.